Volunteer Help and Hello, This Year's PTA Executive Board

Hello! We wanted to take a minute to introduce ourselves as the executive board of the PTA at Orchard Hills Elementary for the 2024/2025 school year. We're a small group, but we're definitely in the "tiny but mighty" category.

Volunteer with Us

We've each found so much joy in serving our students and community as PTA volunteers and we invite anyone interested in volunteering or even just learning a bit more about what PTA entails to reach out to us! You can text or call Rachel Wells (PTA President) at 435-229-8132 or email us at ohillspta@gmail.com.



Who We Are: The 2024/2025 PTA Executive Board

Rachel Wells, President

Hello! I am Rachel; I have lived in Santaquin for almost 6 years and we love it here! I have 4 kids ages ranging from 8 years to 7 months. My boys Simon and Edmund are in 2nd and Kindergarten this year. I worked as a Registered Nurse in the ICU for 6 years and quit in 2019 to stay home with my kids. I love reading, walking, and playing games with family. PTA has been an awesome experience for me because it has helped me to get out of my shell to get to know people around me! I love working closely with our awesome teachers and staff to help each child reach their potential through the programs we run. It’s been a wonderful experience and a great way to help me find my niche outside of my home!


Melissa Winegar, Treasurer

My name is Melissa Winegar and I'm the PTA treasurer for our school.  We've lived in Santaquin since 2022 and absolutely love it here.  I have been married for 19 years and have 3 beautiful children. I have one in middle school and two at Orchard Hills. When I'm not busy with PTA and being a mom, I'm a dog groomer out of my home.  I loved serving on the PTA board last year and am looking forward to working with the school, and getting to know more of you! 


Abby Packard, Secretary

Hi all! I'm Abby. I've lived in Santaquin for almost 4 years now with my husband and our four kids. I have a first grader at Orchard Hills, two in preschool (4 years old and 3 years old), and then a 1-year-old baby. I've been stay-at-home mom for almost 5 years now and I love being able to be with my kids full-time while also making time for serving in my community. I've loved PTA for the many opportunities it has provided me so get to know so many in our community while serving our students. I was a librarian for many years before having kids and I'm still an avid bibliophile. When I'm not chasing around my kids, I am normally reading (ebooks or audiobooks mainly). I also love crocheting, walking, hiking, and playing card/board games.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

August into September

Welcome to the 2024/2025 School Year